Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Graceland University is seeking a Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) on the Lamoni, Iowa, campus. The dean will be a visionary and collaborative leader dedicated to fulfilling the mission of Graceland’s largest academic unit (humanities, science and math, social science, visual and performing arts, health and movement science). The dean will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and will be a champion for strengthening the institution’s liberal arts and sciences core, while maintaining productive relationships with colleagues, students and members of the wider community.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• An earned terminal degree in a liberal arts discipline from an accredited institution;
• Demonstrated experience with high-quality teaching, scholarly/creative work and service;
• Superior skills in leadership and collaboration;
• Ability to articulate and support a vision for educational innovation;
• Appreciation for the interconnections among CLAS programs;
• Commitment to the integration of the liberal arts and professional programs;
• Dedication to encouraging and supporting faculty scholarship;
• Ability to collaborate in planning and foster assessment of effectiveness;
• A working understanding of regional and professional accreditation;
• Prior administrative experience in higher education, including budgeting, fundraising and enrollment management.
• Oversight of all CLAS programs of study;
• Membership and leadership roles in multiple campus-wide committees and councils;
• Supervision of five department chairs, faculty and adjunct instructors;
• Teaching two classes each academic year.
A cover letter, application and contact information for three references should be submitted to Graceland University; Human Resources, 1 University Place, Lamoni, IA 50140. Electronic submission is encouraged (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review and evaluation of qualifications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, application materials should be received by October 6, 2014.
Equal Opportunity Employment has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Graceland University, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic by law. This policy applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. Questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Office.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and complete employment eligibility verification paperwork.