Master of Education in Special Education
We have recently updated our Special Education Master of Education degree.
The following is an overview of the revised program:
The 30 hour MEd in Special Education* program is designed to enhance the teaching strategies of K-12 Special Education teachers or teachers who serve students with disabilities. It is a curricular and instructional methodologies-based degree following IDEA guidelines, and includes behavior management, assistive technology and transitional programming. Another major focus is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including managing behavior and instructional strategies. This program can be completed in two years.
- Convenient – Study at home or school.
- Affordable – Priced to fit an educator’s budget.
- Valuable – Use this fully-accredited degree for career advancement.
- Enjoyable – View video (DVD) of master teachers applying course content in real classrooms.
- Rewarding – Apply what you have learned to help all your students succeed.
- Collaborative – Share the excitement of learning with your faculty mentor and colleagues.
During a two-year period, a cohort of teachers will participate in 30 semester hours of continuously sequenced course work. Starts six times per year.
EDUC5400 Special Education Strategies for Collaboration 3 s.h.
EDUC5410 Collaborative Study of the Mild/Moderate Disabilities 3 s.h.
EDUC5441 Autism Spectrum Disorders 3 s.h.
EDUC5430 Managing Student Learning and Behavior 3 s.h.
EDUC5451 Developing and Facilitating Effective Special Education
Professional Development Experiences 3 s.h.
EDUC5423 Special Education Methods 3 s.h.
EDUC5460 Educational Assessment 3 s.h.
EDUC5470 Remedial Math Methods 3 s.h.
EDUC6100 Classroom Inquiry and Action Research 3 s.h.
EDUC6110 Classroom Inquiry and Action Research Practicum 3 s.h.
- *There is no licensure with this degree. Each student should check with their individual state to determine special education licensure requirements.
- Questions? Please contact us: 816-423-4716
Jeanette Calipetro, MEd, Admissions Representative
Graceland University, 1401 W. Truman Rd.
Independence, MO 64050