New Accelerated One-Year Program Option
We are pleased to announce that many of our MEd online programs can now be completed in as little as one year! If you start your program between January and July, you have the option of accelerating your program by taking two classes at a time. It is up to you. Take the path that meets your needs! Call our Education Rep at 816-423-4716 for all the details!
Master of Education in Special Education
We have recently updated our Special Education Master of Education degree, which will be available starting January 2016.
The following is an overview of the revised program:
The 30 hour MEd in Special Education* program is designed to enhance the teaching strategies of K-12 Special Education teachers or teachers who serve students with disabilities. It is a curricular and instructional methodologies-based degree following IDEA guidelines, and includes behavior management, assistive technology and transitional programming. Another major focus is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including managing behavior and instructional strategies. This program can be completed in two years.
- Convenient – Study at home or school.
- Affordable – Priced to fit an educator’s budget.
- Valuable – Use this fully-accredited degree for career advancement.
- Enjoyable – View video (DVD) of master teachers applying course content in real classrooms.
- Rewarding – Apply what you have learned to help all your students succeed.
- Collaborative – Share the excitement of learning with your faculty mentor and colleagues.
During a two-year period, a cohort of teachers will participate in 30 semester hours of continuously sequenced course work.
EDUC5400 Special Education Strategies for Collaboration 3 s.h.
EDUC5410 Collaborative Study of the Mild/Moderate Disabilities 3 s.h.
EDUC5441 Autism Spectrum Disorders 3 s.h.
EDUC5430 Managing Student Learning and Behavior 3 s.h.
EDUC5451 Developing & Facilitating Effective Special Education
Professional Development Experiences 3 s.h.
EDUC5423 Special Education Methods 3 s.h.
EDUC5460 Educational Assessment 3 s.h.
EDUC5470 Remedial Math Methods 3 s.h.
EDUC6100 Classroom Inquiry and Action Research 3 s.h.
EDUC6110 Classroom Inquiry and Action Research Practicum 3 s.h.
- *There is no licensure with this degree. Each student should check with their individual state to determine special education licensure requirements.
Questions? Please contact us: 816-423-4716
We also answer the phones from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays!
Jeanette Calipetro, MEd, Admissions Representative
Graceland University, 1401 W. Truman Road
Independence, MO 64050