Online MEd Degree in Curriculum and Instruction in a Quality Classroom
This well-rounded online MEd degree program enables teachers to take the essence of Graceland’s various master's programs and improve their skills and student outcomes.
We have brought together theories and content in differentiated instruction, literacy, special education, classroom management and technology to help you enhance every aspect of your teaching. Because our program is “practice based,” you will be able to immediately use what you learn in your own classroom.
This online MEd degree is designed to promote the professional development of practicing teachers at all grade levels and in all subject areas. Teachers will work collaboratively in cohort groups to improve their classroom practice.
You will learn to
- create effective lesson plans for each segment of diverse student populations.
- effectively respond to and encourage both special education and gifted students.
- implement proven strategies for literacy instruction.
- use technology to meet the wants and needs of the technology-savvy student.
- minimize and handle discipline problems.
Our cohort model allows you to work with and learn from teachers from all over the country. Throughout the program, you will also build a professional portfolio to demonstrate your master's-level capabilities to current and future employers
Online MEd Degree Benefits
- Relevant – Practice research-based strategies are designed for your students.
- Convenient – Study at home or school.
- Timely – Focus on authentic and educative assessment.
- Valuable – Use this fully-accredited teaching degree for career advancement.
- Rewarding – Apply what you have learned to help all your students succeed.
- Collaborative – Share the excitement of learning with your faculty mentor and colleagues.
Online MEd Degree Delivery
This master’s degree is offered as an online program. During a two-year period, a cohort of teachers participate in 30 term hours of continuously-sequenced coursework to complete the degree. Courses are listed below. Choose the Course Descriptions link in the left column to view complete descriptions of all courses.
Online MEd Degree Coursework
EDUC5107 Strategies for Reading Instruction
EDUC5120 Best Practices with Technology 3 s.h.
EDUC5130 Introduction to Choice Theory: Teaching Students Responsible Behavior 3 s.h.
EDUC5270 Classroom Management: Dealing with Discipline Problems 3 s.h.
EDUC5410 Collaborative Study of the Mild/Moderate Disabilities 3 s.h.
EDUC5660 An Introduction to Differentiation: Applying Learner-Centered Instruction 3 s.h.
EDUC5670 Differentiated Instructional Strategies: Meeting the Diverse Needs of Learners 3 s.h.
EDUC5700 Differentiation and Literacy 3 s.h.
EDUC6100 Classroom Inquiry and Action Research 3 s.h.
EDUC6110 Classroom Inquiry and Action Research Practicum 3 s.h.
Our online MEd degree has multiple start dates per year. Please contact our School of Education Admissions Representative for questions, start dates, application deadlines and fees. Group rates are also available.