Master of Education in Special Education
We understand the many challenges and joys you experience in your job as a special-needs educator. This program is designed to help you better meet your K-12 students’ unique special education needs and honor their amazing capabilities. Program topics are based on the five core propositions of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and are aligned with the Council of Exceptional Children content standards.
Key course topics:
- Assessing Abilities and Disabilities
- Managing and Monitoring Student Learning
- Relating Cross-Categorical Disabilities
- Facilitating Transitional Programming
- Understanding the Etiologies of Mild and Moderate Disabilities
33 semester hours (for K-8)
36 semester hours (for 5-12)
Two-year completion time
For more information on the MEd in Special Education, please fill out the form to the right.