MSN - Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
Graceland’s online AGACNP specialty track prepares today’s RN to provide complex monitoring, order and interpret diagnostic tests, and develop composite treatment options based on current evidence-based practices to alleviate patient suffering and augment their overall health.
AGACNP, Graceland’s newest graduate nursing program, prepares students to become expert clinicians by participating in clinical practicums spanning a multitude of acute care settings to include: emergency medicine, critical care medicine, hospitalist medicine, pulmonology, neurology and cardiology.
Course curriculum for the MSN - Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner includes:
- Introduction to MSN and Post-graduate Cerificate Program
- Research Methods and Evidence Based Practice
- Theory in Nursing
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Roles and Issues for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Advanced Health Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning
- Advanced Practice Competency Lab
- Acute Care of Adult Gerontology Populations I
- Advanced Practice Procedures in Acute Care
- Care of Adult Gerontology Populations
- Acute Care of Adult Gerontology Populations II
- EBP Synthesis Project
- AGACNP Practicum: Chronic Care
- AGACNP Practicum: Acute Care
- AGACNP Practicum: Final
Additionally, students pick specialty practicums which may include orthopedics, endocrinology, oncology, rheumatology and hematology. This diverse mix of specialties ensures that our AGACNP graduates are more than qualified not only to sit for the certification exam, but are prepared to practice from day one after graduation.
To learn more about earning your online MSN in Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner at Graceland University, fill out the form on this page. We’ll get back to you soon to answer any questions you have.