Master of Education in Literacy Instruction
The Literacy Instruction program investigates the key issues of literacy practices and your role regarding reflective, instructional decisions. Upon completion of the program, you will understand how to diagnosis reading abilities of individual pupils, develop programs for individuals at different levels of readiness and evaluate the progress in reading ability based on psychological and emotional adjustments.
Key course topics:
- Strategies for Collaboration
- Language, Literacy and Instruction
- Early Literacy Development
- Critical Perspectives of Children’s Literature
- Strategies for Reading Instruction
- Literacy Instruction for ESL and Special Needs
- Diagnostics and Assessment in Literacy
- Classroom Inquiry and Action Research
30 semester hours
Two-year completion time
For more information, please fill out the form to the right.