Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Practicing teachers can benefit from this professional development program that can be completed online or on-site at our Missouri or Iowa campus locations. Rooted in the five core propositions of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS), curriculum emphasizes differentiated instruction, literacy, special education, classroom management and technology. Theory and skill sets are practice-based, so students can directly transfer this knowledge to the field. Students have the opportunity to align classroom applications with national standards and collaborate with teachers around the country through cohort field-based learning.
Key course topics:
- Creating effective lesson plans
- Effectively responding to and encouraging special education and gifted students
- Implementing proven strategies for literacy instruction
- Successfully using technology in supporting wants and needs of technology-savvy students
- Minimizing and handling discipline problems
30 semester hours
Two-year completion time
For more information on the MEd in Curriculum Instruction, please fill out the form to the right.