Graceland University has 51 clubs and organizations for students. There's something for everyone! Did you know belonging to something significant and worthwhile is a key component to satisfaction in college? Clubs and organizations are primarily student initiated and student-driven. It is very possible that if you have a special interest, there is already a club or organization devoted to that area.
YOU can start a group! Simply find a sponsor and contact the Student Activities office. The Council of Student Life Committee meets weekly to approve charters.
Note on Reading: The sponsor is listed after the club or organization's name.
Academic & Pre-professional
- Agricultural Business Club (Max Pitt, Justin Akers)
- American Choral Directors Association (Leonardo Lebas)
- Art Student Society (Julia Franklin)
- Association for Computing Machinery - ACM (Jim Jones) Computer technologies, robotics and game programming.
- Graceland Brass Choir (Frank Perez)
- Graceland Student Education Association (Peggy Henson)
- Graceland Players (Tracy Salter)
- G.U. Flute Choir (Frank Perez)
- Math Club (Ron Smith)
- History Society (John Franklin)
- Music Educators National Conference 570 (Frank Perez)
- Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society (John Franklin)
- Pre-Law Club (Brian Smith)
- Pre-Health Professional Club (Teri Foster, Mary Shawgo)
- Student Athletic Trainer's Association - SATA (John Bartholomew)
Debate, Literary & Media
- Acacia Yearbook (Paul Davis)
- Broadcast Radio Club - KBUZ (Paul Davis) Play now, requires Winamp, Real Player or iTunes.
- Graceland University Scholastic Bowl (John Franklin)
- Black Student Union - BSU (Kevin Brown)
- International Club (Diana Jones)
- New Latino Generation Club - NLG (Diana Jones)
- Polynesian Club (Chantel Ranney)
Service & Education
- Active Minds at G.U. (Lauren Youngs) An organization to end negativity and stigma surrounding mental health disorders.
- Americorps (Shannon Harris)
- ENACTUS, Formerly SIFE (Justin Akers)
- Gay/Straight Alliance - GSA (Melanie Grimes)
- OASIS (Lorrie Long) Non-traditional Students
- On My Honor (Debbie Skinner) An organization for former scouts.
- Outreach International (Max Pitt)
- Sustainable Lamoni (Jen Abraham)
- Tom's: One for One (Paul Davis)
- Vegetarian Club (Susan Knotts)
- The 99% (Debbie Kepple-Mamros)
- University Republicans (Kelly Everett)
- U.S. Veterans Organization (Bob Johnson)
- Young Democrats (Bill Russell)
- Senate (Jared Doty)
- Disc Golf Club (Brad Carr)
- Hockey Club (Aaron Neeley)
- Graceland Swim Club (Ezzeldin Aly)
- Racquetball Club (Paul Beck)
- Ultimate Frisbee Club (Jared Doty)
- Campus Ministries (Christy Pratt)
- G.U. Catholic Students (Jim Uhlenkamp)
- Muslim Association (Ezzeldin Aly)
- Restoration Campus Ministries - RCM (Brad Carr)
- Traveling Ministries (Campus Ministries)