Detailed Transfer Steps to Graceland University

Thank you for your interest in transferring to Graceland University. These are the steps to transfer to Graceland:

  1. Please apply online (no application fee).
  2. Arrange for official final transcripts to be sent from all colleges attended, and your high school to:

Admissions Office
Graceland University
1 University Place
Lamoni, IA 50140

  1. Communicate to Admissions what major you plan to pursue. The Registrar's Office will evaluate your transcripts for college credit and process a degree audit based on your major to determine what courses will be required at Graceland.
  2. Get FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) results sent from the Dept. of Education to Student Financial Services, Graceland University. Graceland's federal code is 001866. The results of the FAFSA determine your need level for financial aid.
  • If you have already completed a FAFSA for the school year you wish to begin at Graceland, but you did not supply the Graceland code, you can do a revised FAFSA and add the Graceland code, or you can supply your DRN# from your Student Aid Report (SAR) to Admissions or Student Financial Services who can download your FAFSA from the web. Student Financial Services' toll-free number is 866.GRACELAND.
  • If you have not completed a FAFSA, please do so immediately. The quickest way is to do so via the web: Supply code 001866 for Graceland University.
  • If selected, complete financial aid verification. This requires that you supply documentation to verify the information received from the FAFSA. Please comply with the requests as soon as possible. Then you will receive an official financial aid package.
  1. Please submit a $200 institutional deposit (which goes into an account to be drawn on if needed and the balance is refunded whenever you leave Graceland). This must be done before you will receive a room assignment or register for classes. You may mail a check to Admissions at the address above or simply call 866.GRACELAND and provide credit card information over the phone.
  2. Call Residence Life (641.784.5107) if you have any room requests for campus housing, and complete the housing request form. You will receive your room assignment from them.