Our passion is your success. That's been our focus since 1895, and every day since.
Quick Facts 2014-2015
Graceland University, founded in 1895, is a private, four-year liberal arts university.
Recognized by The Princeton Review as a "Best in the Midwest" (2015).
Graceland University is listed in The Princeton Review – Guide to 353 Green Colleges 2015.
Academic Programs: Over 50 academic majors and programs, including 9 pre-professional programs, 36 undergraduate majors, 3 master degrees with 8 majors and a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
Online Programs: Graceland offers online degree programs to over 900 students in education, nursing and religion.
Student to faculty ratio: 15:1 (5 year average)
Faculty: All Graceland Locations: 89 full-time faculty, 85% with a PhD or other terminal degree.
Students: All Graceland Locations: 1,956 FTE (IPEDS calculation for Full-Time Equivalent)
- Lamoni Undergraduate: 1,052 (full-time & part-time)
- Lamoni Undergraduate: 1,012 (full-time)
- High School: 178 (full-time & part-time)
- Online: 934 (full-time & part-time)
- Independence: 200 (full-time & part-time)
- Centerville & Trenton: 43 (full-time & part-time)
Housing: Students are members of 17 houses
Student Clubs and Organizations: 48
Representing 46 states and 26 countries
(Entering Class Fall 2014 - Lamoni campus):
Enrollment: 359 (282 first time freshmen and 77 transfers)
Average ACT: 20.4
Average GPA: 3.08
65% male, 35% female
- Ms. Teresa Carpenter, Pulitzer Prize Winning Author
- Dr. David Carmichael, MD, Cardiologist
- Jeff Criswell, retired offensive lineman, Kansas City Chiefs
- Dr. Fred Hausheer, Owner, BioNumerik Pharmaceutical
- Bruce Jenner, Olympic Gold Medalist, Decathlon
Graduate Schools Most attended by Graceland Graduates:
- Drake University
- Iowa State University
- Princeton University
- Rockhurst University
- Seton Hall University
- University of Kansas
- University of Kansas Medical Center
Wired: Each room has internet and cable TV hookups. Wireless is available in all campus housing and all public buildings on campus. In addition, 249 computers are available to students throughout the campus.
Radio Station: KBUZ (http://radio.graceland.edu/)
SkillPath: More than 300,000 people annually attend SkillPath and CompuMaster seminars provided by the Graceland Center for Professional Development and Lifelong Learning.
Sponsored by Community of Christ.
For more information please refer to the GU Fact Book.