The RN-BSN/MSN Program offers Registered Nurses the opportunity to complete their BSN and MSN degrees via an accelerated process through the Distance Learning program. This program is available in two career options: Family Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Educator. Students enrolling in this program need to declare their preference for the program prior to completing nursing courses. Depending on the career option chosen, this program requires 4 fewer semester hours of course work than would be required if both degrees were sought independently.
Students who are enrolled in this program will have the option to “stop-out” and earn a BSN only if they desire. Also, all requirements for admission for the MSN program will be met prior to starting graduate level courses.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the U.S.A.
- Strongly recommend two years of experience as an RN
- Indication of academic success:
- An initial GPA of 2.5. Prior to taking graduate level courses, students would then be required to have a GPA of 3.00.
- Evaluation of professional qualifications and potential for success in graduate studies
- Clearance from the RN-BSN faculty
- 2.5(5) from the Iowa Administrative Code, chapter 2, nursing educational programs: Nursing courses with a clinical component may not be taken by a person:
- who has been denied licensure by the board,
- whose license is currently suspended, surrendered or revoked in any United States jurisdiction,
- whose license/registration is currently suspended, surrendered or revoked in another country due to disciplinary action.
- Completed the College’s general education requirements
- Completed sufficient credit to total 158 semester hours
- Completed sufficient credit to meet the total required graduate semester hours within 6 years of enrollment
- Completed at Graceland University:
- 47 total graduate semester hours with a minimum 37 at Graceland for Family Nurse Practitioner track
- 40 total graduate semester hours with a minimum 30 at Graceland for the Nurse Educator track
- Earned a grade of B or above on all graduate course work
- Satisfactorily completed the required thesis or research project option
- Fulfilled all financial obligations to Graceland University
- Filed an application for graduation with the office of the Registrar at least 6 months prior to anticipated graduation date.